By Tom Peaks @MrPeaksNValleys
One thing that strikes you quickly about actor/model Dakota Wolfe is his big smile and bubbly personality. Dakota is the type of guy who can make the mundane seem fun. His cheerful spirit is contagious and certainly an attribute that gets him noticed. Dakota found himself as a youth interested in acting, voice and movement. He appeared in the 2016 Atlanta-short “Mob Rats.” This year he added “Ernie & Cerbie” to his acting credit list.In modeling, Dakota has worked for Verizon and Bed, Bath & Beyond. He has appeared in commercials for Sheetz, Visa, Founders Credit Union, Buckhead Life, Coral Beach Resorts, and more.
While contemplating a move to LA, currently Dakota is based in Georgia, where film and TV productions are at a fever-pitch with new studios seemingly opening all the time, thanks to tax credit incentives from the state.We did a short Q&A with Dakota ahead of his sexy and fun bedroom shoot by Atlanta-based photographer Demetrius Washington. Enjoy “Pillow Talk:”
Tell us about Dakota? Who are you? Well I act and model. But outside of that I actually like to do a lot of things. I moved a lot so I got a taste of different cultures and environments. So I grew up working on cars, anything with engines we messed around with. I’ve restored hot rods, lowered cars, the whole nine yards. It’s really one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy sports as well, while growing up; playing football and basketball were two favorites of mine. I’m a big fan of trying new things and just being adventurous. It sometimes is a problem as I like too many things, and can’t always do all of them hahaha. Other than that I like to think of myself as just a honest and kind person who aspires to make the world fun and a better place at the same time.
What is your age, weight/height, hair/eye color? What is your hometown and where do you currently reside? Do you have representation at the moment? I’m 22 years old, I weigh 168 pounds and I’m 5’11” but it’s real close to 6 ‘ so rounding up is awesome haha. I have brown hair and hazel-colored eyes…or so I’m told ☺. Well I moved a lot a good bit of my life, but Akron/Kent, Ohio is home. I currently am in the small town of Newnan, Georgia, about 30 minutes south of Atlanta. I do not have representation right now, working on it as we speak.
I know acting is your dream? Why? Have you done any acting previously? If you had a choice, what would be your preferred genre in acting?
Yeah so acting is a passion of mine. Before graduating high school I never did any theater or anything. But since, I have done short films, independents and a few nationwide commercials. Ohhh man, that’s a tough one, but it’s why I love acting, being able to be so many different types of people for one job haha. But I really would like to do an action/comedy project. I feel that would be fun to dive into.
How do you like modeling? Any male models whom inspire you? Any photographers whom you would dream of collaborating with?
I enjoy modeling a lot. I look at it as another form of acting, just with no words, visually storytelling in one given moment. Lots do! I see a lot of these big male models like Charlie Matthews, Nic Palladino, are just a few, but their work , and self-building is inspiring. Wow that’s a tough one , honestly off the top of my head I can’t name exact names, but when it comes to photographers I just love the process of coming together, making something so creative and different and being able to share it with the world. Hoping that the photographer is happy is always the biggest goal for as they sacrifice the most time and don’t get a lot of credit sometimes.
How challenging is it in acting to turn on the sadness/crying switch and then return to being regular guy? In modeling, how difficult is it to go from regular guy to sexy and seductive for the lens?It’s definitely not easy, but to get to and from those places using memories or past experiences always helps make the transition easier. In modeling it’s different as you have to get past the wall of feeling stupid and laughing at yourself. Everyone at some point looks in the mirror and has a great day and says how amazing they look. So when I’m trying to be sexy/ seductive I just think of those moments haha.
What does the short-term future hold for you? Long-term aspirations?
In the short term, it’s figuring out my game plan for agents, which city is best for me and making decisions on whom to work with and just crafting my art. In the long term, I hope to just do what I love every day and share it. That’s one reason I love what I do, I get to meet so many people from different places and hope I’m able to do so in a much bigger scale in the future. What inspires you in life?
People inspire me, nature inspires me, a lot does! It’s easy to get a little lost and down, but in reality no matter the situation someone out there has it worse. I try to use that to fuel me to work harder so that one day I can give back and help as many people as I can.
Now, let’s play the Fashionably Male Flash Bulb Round—chill out and give us some quick, short responses to these stupid questions. Go!
- Fave sin food? Really anything with carbs but cookies especially a fat chocolate chunk cookie.
- Theme park or national park? National park outdoors for the win!
- Fave vacation site? Huge fan of boating and camping, Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee!
- Fave underwear brand and style? Cliche I know, but Calvins all day, briefs!
- Fave movies in each of following genres: A)Comedy B)Action/Fantasy c) Tearjerker? a) American Pie (STIFFLER!) b) Fast and the Furious c) Silver Linings Playbook (huge fan).
- Which of your physical features gets the most compliments? Haha my smile/teeth, shout out to my mom for getting me braces young, if not for that, would have had the good old gap.
- Biggest vice? Stress snacking. when I get worked up, if there’s a bag of anything near me I eat nonstop.
- One political issue that could inspire you to become an activist? There are so many now, but it gets me going when people don’t have basic rights to live the life they want based on their looks or beliefs.
- Most famous person whom you have met? Ice Cube!
- What do you wear to bed most nights? Most nights shorts/pants with no shirt haha
- TWO things most people would be surprised to learn about you? I have five siblings and I’m actually an insecure person. I used to be about 240lbs and overweight so that might be weird considering now.
For more on Dakota Wolfe, catch up with him at:
To catch more work by Demetrius Washington: