Shades ranging from blue to deepest purple is like Versace dresses men apara the Spring / Summer 2017 season: their classic suits two pieces still lack structured shoulders to give a more relaxed silhouette look, adding lightweight fabrics and wide to items sporty and rough textures in icy elements outerwear nude and gray courts.
Find out what those are here and check back later for Alexander Fury’s review.
1. Two large screens with the text “Versace Men” framed the runway. Before the show started, a film by Bruce Weber set to a medley of Prince songs was projected on the screens.
2. The first model out wore an army green parachute jacket and slim trousers, a look that would set the tone for the rest of the collection’s muted colors and utilitarian feel.
3. One can always count on a Versace show to provide a much-needed dose of hunks on the runway. For Spring, the brand opted to show off their models’ physiques with leggings and cycling shorts from the house’s new activewear line, and, in this case, no shirt. We’re not mad.
4. Brace yourselves, because it seems socks and sandals are menswear’s next trend. Spotted earlier this week at Raf Simons’s show, the style note appeared on Versace’s runway today, where models wore thin socks under their multi-strap sandals.
5. Instead of a traditional finale, models formed a straight line across the runway, with Donatella Versace meeting them and bowing in the center. The designer wore a dark purple suit, a tribute to her late friend Prince.