“Ain’t No Stoppin’” – Model Philip Fusco by LensAction – Exclusive PnV
By Tom Peaks @MrPeaksNValleys
Recently, PnV/Fashionably Male had the opportunity to catch up with long-time modeling and fitness fan-favorite, Philip Fusco. Phil is no stranger to the modeling world and social media fans.
Discovered on MySpace at age 18, Phil continues to be a force and still busy with a plethora of projects. Included amongst those projects is the documentary “Changer D’avis” which will appear on Netflix in early 2019.
The film will also be appearing at film festivals soon in Montreal and Mexico.
Recently, Phil posed for Nick Andrews aka LensAction…and we have the images right here accompanying our exclusive interview with Phil.
Great to catch up with you again, Phil. I’m sure you have had a busy summer. Since you live in NYC, you get to experience the best and worst of all 4 seasons. So rank for us 1 thru 4 your favorite seasons. What is it you like most about your #1 season?
Hey great to catch up with you as well ☺. My summer was very busy.
Hands down my favorite season is an in-between season!
- Spring 2. Fall 3. Summer 4. Winter.
Okay, so let’s start. I notice you’re now with HBM Talent in L.A. Tell us about that. Are you moving to L.A.?
Yes I am with HBM in L.A. I love it and we do some great things together. Sophie is the coordinator and she rocks it, always getting things done and making magic happen.
I probably won’t be moving to L.A. though. I travel there very frequently but New York is my home.
You were recently in a new Netflix movie that filmed in Montreal and Mexico. Tell us about the film, your character, the shooting experience…and when do you anticipate the release?
Yeah I was just shooting for a documentary, “Changer D’avis”, which will be on Netflix. It’s a real life thing and it is based around a photoshoot I was on in Montreal.
Its release will be next year in the early part of the year. Shooting and the whole experience was a lot of fun for sure.
You also recently shot a TV commercial. Tell us about the ad….it looks like you play a bartender, which you do in real life (in addition to being a DJ)….you were qualified for that part obviously.
I did do a TV commercial for Jericho Terrace in Mineola, New York. It was a lot of fun filming for this as well. The ad is on channels broadcasted all around New York as Jericho Terrace is a place that caters to many weddings.
I think I did make a mean drink for that, would you like me to make you one as well?
Believe me, I could use a mean drink right about now.
What else have you been doing career wise, Phil? How is Phil City ( http://www.philcity.com ) coming along?
Career wise I try to get my hands in a little bit of everything, so every day something new is either going on, or something new is being thought about.
Phil City is coming along great though, there’s no complaints with that.
You were recently on a book cover, the novel “Sweetwater Seduction” by Joan Johnston. You’re a cowboy, too….pretty impressive for a Big Apple city slicker. Who took the image? Tell us what you think about being on book c overs as I know it’s not your first rodeo. Do you ever read the books to see if the character is actually remotely like yourself haha?
I actually just was in Barnes and Nobel today looking for that book but it was sold out.
I had to practice my lassoing skills for that. But thanks I am glad you are impressed haha.
The image was shot by Rob Lang and it was shot out in the Hamptons and old Westbury New York.
I love being on book and magazine covers. Every-time one comes my way I feel so thankful and blessed.
This is only possible because everyone that is on my side and backs me up ☺. I have read the books and I feel somewhat like the character as the image plays out in my head.
How do you always have such perfect skin?
It’s not perfect but thank you for thinking that. I had more skin care products than CVS, but I had been drawn to some specific ones recently.
You have been modeling since you were 18. On Sept 19, you turned 31. How have you managed to last in a career that’s often times so fleeting?
I think I have lasted so long because I try to keep up with the times and I always try to help out and give it my all. Or maybe it’s luck lol. But I definitely hard work for sure.
From a personal perspective, what have you been doing lately, Phil? Any fun vacations or trips?
Well i just had gotten back from Puerto Rico, which was a ton of fun. Other than the usual modeling though, I have just been working a lot and trying to live life.
Time for the PnV Flash Bulb Round…fast, quick responses to random and often stupid questions. Go….
* Amount of cardio you do in a week? 0.
* Have you ever tried different voice accents? What’s your best accent? Australian.
* Movies: all-time favorite a) comedy: Step Brothers b) drama: The Goodfellas c) action: Anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger d) Sci-Fi: Probably Arrival.
* If you were on SNL and had to do an impression of someone famous, who would it be? Arnold Schwarzenegger.
* What percentage of you male friends are gay vs straight? 50-50 Split I would say.
* Dream car? Rolls Royce.
* If you’re on the beach or at the pool, what is your favorite style of swim trunks? I like Polo or Tommy Hilfiger.
* If you could name some random non-politician famous person to be president in 2020 who would you anoint? Why? Hmm… that is a good question. Not sure but someone who would be fair to everyone and not turn to war as a first option.
* PnV Modeling Nudity Comfort Scale …rate yourself 1 to 10 with 1 being totally uncomfortable and 10 being total chill?
Rate 5—I don’t really like being nude, but I’m a pretty comfortable guy.
* Name on old scripted TV show that you wish they would reprise today and you could star in? I do like Jersey Shore but if I was to be in any show I wouldn’t mind being in Grey’s Anatomy. I’m in love with that show.
* What reality show do you think you could win – Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, or The Amazing Race? Survivor.
To find Phil Fusco on social media:
To see more work by Nick Andrews, go to: