The art is an expression and the artist is an expresser, translating in order to create meaning. ‘In My Skin’ Series shot by Justin Wu featuring Malik Lindo.
One view of emotional expression in art is that it is preceded by a perturbation or excitement from a vague cause about which the artist is uncertain and therefore anxious.
“This series is a collaboration between @maliklindo and I to express the anxiety, frustrations, and insecurities as a result of systemic anti-Black racism, discrimination, and intolerance. Stripping away everything but the skin, we aim to juxtapose those deep seeded emotions with the beauty of black skin, and celebrate it. As a visible minority who has faced and continues to face racism, I am disheartened by today’s inequality and injustice. I am determined to use my voice to highlight Black identities through art, because #BlackLivesMatter.”Justin Wu
The wave of violence that is experienced in the United States has divided society, has hampered it more, in addition to that, the current pandemic has increased more in the cases of infections and deaths.
At fashionablymale.net we are in favor of supporting any citizen movement without distinguishing race, gender, age or social status.
Right now we stand in favor of our black colleagues and friends who for years have faced a divided and broken society.
Malik––a male model represented by Wilhelmina in New York City––he walked the streets to support his brothers and sisters who have been objects of oppression in American society, carrying a folder that said:
“I don’t have the CHOICE to stay quite because George Floyd didn’t have the choice to LIVE.”Malik Lindo
How can you support this movement?
Understand that this movement is not history, nor will it soon be over. We need to fight for equality until life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are available for all.
Here is a list of places you can amplify, donate to, or sign petitions for change:
Donate to any of these organizations and petitions to show support and help advance the agenda for equal representation and justice.
- Nationwide Bail Fund
- Reclaim the Block
- Black Visions Collective
- The Official GoFundMe of George Floyd’s Family
- Justice for Regis Official Fund
- Equal Justice Initiative
- NAACP Empowerment Program
- Black Lives Matter Network
Sign any of these petitions to show support for change and accountability in our judicial system.
- Color of Change Petition
- Official Petition for Breonna Taylor
- Justice for Tony McDade Petition
- Justice for Ahmaud Arbery Petition
- Justice for George Floyd Petition
- Call, tweet, and send posts on your social networks to your elected state or local officials and demand equal justice today. You can utilize 5 Calls to quickly find out how to contact your representatives.
- Fact-check the articles and social media posts you share since misinformation is hurtful and rampant in this digital age.