Cannabidiol, or CBD, is available in different forms like ointments, creams, and oil. CBD oil uses no psychoactive properties, which may bring unwanted side effects.
If you’re a follower of cannabis news, then you may already have heard that CBD oil is good for anxiety that may prevent you from acting normally during events, like photoshoots.
This post takes a look at how CBD oil can help with anxiety during photoshoots. Read on below to learn more.
Cannabinoid Decreases Anxiety in People with Social Phobia
Cannabidiol is one of the 113 known cannabinoids in the cannabis plant and makes up to 40% of the cannabis extract. The Sao Paulo University of Brazil conducted research and found benefits in the use of CBD products, like CBD oil, in the treatment of fear and social anxiety. The characteristics of social phobia include a significant amount of fear during social situations, like event photoshoots.
Here are a couple of related studies that are also worth checking out:
- A reviewer of different cannabidiol scientific articles explained that the effects of CBD are similar to antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication. Anti-anxiety medications help you mentally and physically relax by slowing down the nervous system.
- An Ontario, Canada doctor specializing in cannabinoid medicine also observed in patients using Cannabidiol products, like CBD oil, a decrease in their intake of prescription medicines to combat anxiety.
Cannabidiol Has Comparable Effects to Imipramine
Another study found similar effects of cannabidiol to imipramine. Imipramine is known to be a tricyclic antidepressant that affects unbalanced brain chemicals in some people that causes both depression and anxiety. A similar study was conducted on humans suffering from social anxiety disorder who took CBD at 400 mg found a significant decrease in subjective anxiety.
Here are other magics that CBD does to fight off anxiety:
- CBD oil reduces the hyperactivity action within the limbic system, a central nuclei system involved in emotion and motivation.
- CBD oil activates the adenosine receptors, which are involved in anxiety regulation.
Ways of Taking in CBD Oil
There are different ways of taking in CBD oil. If you’re still wondering about how to go with it, the list below could help you:
- Inhalation: One of the fastest ways to feel the effect of CBD oil is inhaling it. CBD oil inhalation allows CBD to go straight into your bloodstream.
You can inhale CBD in two ways: smoking or vaping CBD oil.
- Smoking CBD oil: You can use an oil rig, similar to a water pipe, to smoke CBD oil. What happens is that you put the oil with a dabber into the nail then heating the nail to produce the smoke for you to inhale.
- Vaping CBD oil: Use a vaporizer pen to vape CBD oil. If you’re a newbie to vaping, CBD vape starter kit could be of big help for a start, and it is also easily accessible.
Vaping is the right choice for you if you want to avoid the harsh feeling that smoke brings to your lungs and throat but still gets the maximum possible effect.
2. Sublingual: Under-the-tongue or sublingual application is possible by purchasing CBD oil tinctures. Just apply a few drops of the oil under your tongue and hold it for 30 seconds in your mouth. This method is best if you’re looking for a feeling of calm and well-being.
Here are some of the reasons why the sublingual method is also worth trying:
- It requires no extra accessories or tools, and it’s easy to use.
- You can use it without drawing attention in public.
- Controlling how much of the oil you use is easy.
- It can bring long-lasting effects as long as taken it’s correctly.
3. Ingestion or edibles: Did you know that you can also add CBD oil to your food? If you’re looking for an easy and fun way to take CBD, then this method is right for you.
CBD-infused foods that are pre-made are easy to find in the market, but you can also make your own CBD edibles, like pasta or butter.
If you want a fun and enjoyable way of avoiding anxiety, achieve the right mindset, be prepared, and elevate your looks to be the best version of yourself while preparing for a photoshoot, then CBD edibles should be part of your diet.
Anxiety is normal in certain situations unless it occurs regularly and becomes something that you cannot control. If the level of anxiety increases at a higher rate, it can cause psychological problems that affect your happiness and disable you from off stage.
The overall awareness of people about CBD as a remedy to a variety of ailments including anxiety is increasing daily. Of course, it doesn’t take away the importance of consulting your doctor whenever you want expert advice.
Visit The Hempire to see CBD’s ability to support with anxiety.