By Tom Peaks @MrPeaksNValleys
Phil Fusco is legendary fan favorite, who was probably one of the first to become prominent as a social media discovery on a platform called MySpace! In the era of Instagram, he’s still an international star.
A few days ago, Phil posed for Eduardo Fermin in NYC for some holiday shots. Phil also sat down to tell us about his favorite holiday season:
So tell us about Phil Fusco at Christmas. Does your inner child come out? Tell us about traditions you enjoy at Christmas with loved ones…and that large Italian family.
Christmas for starters, is my favorite holiday of the year. My inner child absolutely comes out. With my family we always did large dinners and put a lot of time into decorating the tree, making it as big and festive as possible with all the decorations and lights. The large family adds even more to the Christmas spirt. When we all come together it can vary from 20 to 40 people and everyone is in the spirt. That is my favorite.
Fill us in on what all you have been up to business-wise recently.
Other than rocking the holidays, I still am a model working with my management company (HBM models), but I also am a personal trainer/nutritionist and I am a private bartender.
2020 has mostly been a nightmare, but as a New Yorker, what can you say about this COVID-19 experience?
COVID-19 was definitely the life changing experience. I must say I have learned a lot going through this and I have become a lot more appreciative of what I have. Learning to have more patience really got me though this global pandemic. Let’s just hope covid19 doesn’t become a big part of 2020.
Okay, now down to the Christmas nitty-gritty! It’s the PnV Flash Bulb Holiday Round with fast answers to mostly silly questions. Go!
- 3 Favorite holiday songs (and which artists’ version of it):
- Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas is You.
- Andy Williams – It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
- Jose Feliciano – Feliz Navidad.
- Your favorite ‘go to’ holiday movies: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Elf, Home Alone, Deck the Halls, Jingle All the Way.
- Real or artificial tree: Real.
- If you could decorate a tree in one quirky theme, what would you choose: Hmm…definitely 90’s retro party.
- How many White Christmas’s have you actually experienced: When I was younger, it felt like every year, now not so much. I’m lucky to say I’ve probably experienced a good 15 white Christmases.
- What snack did you leave Santa: Milk and cookies 🙂
- Most memorable childhood gift from Santa: Sega Dreamcast is something I have never forgotten about.
- Favorite animated Christmas film: The Grinch.
- When do you start your holiday shopping…early bird or last minute: Last minute.
- Favorite holiday sweet treat: Butter cookies
- Most annoying thing about Christmas: When it ends!
- Favorite Christmas meal: Mashed potatoes, pie, and meats